What's In My Head

Sunday 14 March 2010

On the point, sir!

"This house believes that..."

Out of obligations and not interest, I just participated in INTI Nilai's Debate Competition. As fancy and prestigious as it may sound, it is, in fact, just a debate competition done in my college and compared to the other debate competitions I have joined in the past, this has got to be the smallest and quickest in terms of.. everything, really - number of participating teams, number of rounds done and time taken to start wrap up the whole thing.


I was the time-keeper but I debated the rounds before and after that.

However, it is certainly not the most boring one I've tried - I had fun! Thanks to Karen and Luo Wen and for the record, this is my first time debating with a foreigner ( it's Luo Wen, just in case ) but it didn't feel awkward at all. In fact, I felt as if I've been their teammates for a long time but it's probably because I've seen them in the debate practices often enough to the point where I'm very familiar with them, Karen especially. The motions were pretty interesting, too. The three motions used was THBT Barrack Obama does not deserve the Nobel Peace Prize, THBT space exploration should be the main focus in scientific research and for the finals, THBT Politics is just a matter of business. Yes, there were only three motions because only 3 teams joined this competition - see what I meant by smallest? Anyway, we debated on the 1st and 3rd motions.

The other motions. Click to enlarge.

The 1st motion was still manageable but 3rd motion killed me. We turned it into an economics debate which I'm very weak at, at the moment. I'm taking economics subject but I'm still new at it. We lost but I never have expected to win anyway.

I am hungry!

Oh yea, I cut my hair, now it looks like I'm a kid. The guy who cut my hair screwed up, damn. =.=

7 Comments:

Blogger Karee said...

umair is camwhoring!HAHAHAHA

14 March 2010 at 02:28  
Blogger Rudy said...

UMAIR IS CAMWHORINGGGG!!!

[/emphasis]

Patutlah tadi nampak lain je. :P

14 March 2010 at 03:09  
Blogger Farah said...

hahahaha. harus ketawa la wehhh. kau dah la mmg kanak2. tiba2 dpt hair cut cmni.

14 March 2010 at 03:24  
Blogger Farah said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

14 March 2010 at 03:24  
Blogger Um - Air said...

=.="

you people nie...

14 March 2010 at 05:03  
Blogger songyan said...

haha so u stil lik debating so much great wuliao so comment crap here haha

15 March 2010 at 01:37  
Blogger Um - Air said...

abit la =p
nw abit too hard edy >_<

16 March 2010 at 04:27  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home