What's In My Head

Saturday 14 July 2007

Whoa!

Just came back from summit. Yeah, I know I have school tomorrow but what the heck. Anyway, I went there to watch " Harry Potter and The Order of Phoenix " with Joshua and Shahrizan, who, came late, very late, I'll explain later. In the meantime, I shall give you my review of this much expected movie since the book is damn good.

For the Harry Potter's book fan, grief, grief now for the movie suck for you. Erm, you will have a great time, however, when you have a friend who knows about the book well too, then, you can criticise or comment on whichever part you think is lacking - there alot by the way. Let me give you some flashback, in the last movie, quidditch(sp?) scene exist but very short. This movie on the other hand, HAVE NO FREAKING QUIDDITCH AT ALL, they didn't even mention it. You can also notice afew dialogue being spoken by another character. Some of the important characters ( methinks ) have too little scene ( Poor the metamorphmagus(sp?) ). On top of that, some of the characters went missing like pitiful sneak-zits and the betrayer of the red-heads ( I think he's there somewhere ).. And ah, as usual there's alot scenes which I think is substantive to the whole movie being shortened or cut ( Yes people, there's a snogging scene >_> ). So in short, as a Harry Potter book fan, I think this movie is big total disappointment. Well, I guess the theory that states a great book can never turn into a great movie and a great movie can never turn into a great book is still true, at least in this movie.

In the eye of one who never read the book however, should have a different opinions. In a whole total entertainment value, it is quite remarkable ( Especially the spell-exchanging xD ). The graphics are smooth, crisp and surreal - matching to the genre of this movie. One thing I enjoyed the most even as a book-fan is the sound and background music : they use splendid sound effects and amazing background music, which, I think, works well with movie since it's sooo boring at one point. At the end of the movie, Joshua said that it'll be hard for the spectators which never read the book to catch the whole movie. I contemplated and agreed xD. When I think about it, alot of the important scenes are shortened (As I said earlier) until the point where viewers will be in total blur. So, to the non-Harry-Potter-book-reader, this movie is very enjoyable but at the same time, might be a little confusing.

Long story short, for those who already read the book for the millionth time, don't waste your money ( Like I did ) on the movie, you can read the book and imagine the story MUCH better than the movie itself. For the other group, go watch as it is satisfying.

----------------------

Okay, now, for today's update...

Damn fun la today, well, not really. We ( as in, the debate team ) planned that we would go watch Transformer today but in the end, only 2 of us ( Josh and me ) agreed to watch. Since there's only 2 of us, I thought it's better to postponed it but against all odds, we didn't. Anyway, both of us arrive there something like 8.50-ish and met at KFC ( I always confuse KFC with McD xD ). We first walk around like idiots, talking and crapping all the while. Then, we decided to go to the Popular bookshop. We loiter around, again, like idiots, commenting the books' title. We saw book called WarCraft, how cool is that :P. Anyway, something at 9.00pm. We went to the ticketing area and bought our tickets first. Phew, good thing we got the middle row ( We only bought 2 tickets btw ). So then, we went jalan2 again. Guess who we saw, High School guys.. "great"... Goodthing it's just a bunch of twerps, haha, nah, just messing with ya'. No offense if you reading this xD. We then check the Cyber cafe near the movie theater, in hope that we'll see Soh Jiaming or a sign of Gabriel playing DotA but we were wrong, they weren't there.. aww.. xD.

Anyway, by 9.25 , we went to the movie theater and get Joshua his unhealthy eating habits' food. Inside, we waited for the movie to start and I suddenly got the tempatation to buy drinks, so I went out to get some. As I was queueing up, Josh called me, and told me something to do something but I couldn't get the message as it was too freaking noisy and I ask him to send me a sms instead. So he did, apparently, our captain is coming and I had to buy the ticket for him. Wth, talk about a change of mind -.- . Anyway, I rushed to the ticketing counter again as soon as I finish buying my drinks. Guess what, seat's full, only 1 empty seat.. 1 !!!. How ironic, but too bad it's the 2nd most front row. Poor Shahrizan. After buying the ticket, I waited for the captain. And I waited, waited, waited again and got pissed off so I asked Kenneth to tell Joshua to tell Shahrizan to speed up a lil'. Joshua then sms me that the show's already starting. Pissed, I went inside. Too bad I missed the first part... Noooo. Anyway, Shahrizan came and I asked him to sit in the same row as ours since it's empty but in the middle of the show, he was asked to move to his right place. So, in the end, he got front row - where he supposed to be.

*Yawn* That's all I guess

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard it was better than the fourth movie.

14 July 2007 at 17:14  
Blogger Um - Air said...

Cant compare, both sucky haha

16 July 2007 at 17:52  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home